MMR Healthcare Coronavirus Update (5/26/2020)
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for rapid updates.
First and foremost, MMR Healthcare needs you to know that we care about you and we are unconditionally available for your medical needs. As your doctor, we are prepared to continue to provide you with the best-coordinated care possible.
All you need to do is CALL US FIRST. To keep everyone safe, during this time, we require you to call us ahead of time before coming in. After we speak with you, we can decide if you need to be seen in the office or whether it is best for you that we conduct a telemedicine remote appointment.
As we continue to adapt to the coronavirus pandemic, we must strike a balance between continuing our work while still doing our part to help with the public health at large. Therefore, after much reflection, we have decided to implement some changes. Please read below.
- The main office, Suite 11, will be closed until further notice.
- The walk-in urgent care clinic, Suite 7, will be open for appointments only made with clinicians’ approval. We cannot accept walk-ins at this time. You must call first or be called in.
- Operating hours for urgent care will be Monday-Friday 9 am – 5 pm until further notice.
- All blood work/labs, shots, and wound care will be administered inside our walk-in urgent care clinic by appointment only.
- All patients will be screened for COVID-19 via telephone prior to their in-person appointment.
- All safety measures and recommended health precautions will be in place and enforced.
- You will be required to wear a mask when visiting the office for any reason.
- We remain available, as usual, by phone and email 24/7.
- If you have any questions about scheduled lab work and/or office visits please call us.
- All pre-op clearances for elective surgeries are canceled until further notice. Please contact your surgeon with more specific questions about the surgery itself.
- Please see the list of our contact information below for how we can be reached.
If you are experiencing respiratory symptoms associated with COVID-19, please call us first. MMR Healthcare will not be administering tests. However, it is recommended that you speak to your primary care physician to see if you are at risk. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to coronavirus.
For COVID-19 testing in Palm Beach County:
- COVID-19 Testing Site at FITTEAM Ballpark of the Palm Beaches
- To be pre-screened for an appointment at the drive-thru testing site at the FITTEAM Ballpark of the Palm Beaches in West Palm Beach, patients are asked to call (561)-642-1000 between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm. Appointments are scheduled based on the availability of test kits.
- Health care District of Palm Beach- (561)-642-1000
Thank you for understanding. We strongly encourage everyone to practice physical distancing, wear a mask in public, and stay home unless it is absolutely necessary to leave.
MMR Healthcare Contact Information:
General: [email protected]
Scheduling: [email protected]
Prescriptions: [email protected]
Referrals: [email protected]
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION RESOURCES:
For pets: https://www.ready.gov/pets
Red Cross disaster readiness plan: https://www.redcross.org/get-help/how-to-prepare-for-emergencies/make-a-plan.html
CDC readiness plan: https://www.cdc.gov/cpr/prepareyourhealth/PlanAhead.htm