No, MMR Healthcare will not be conducting tests for COVID-19. We do not have access to enough tests onsite.
- COVID-19 Testing Site at FITTEAM Ballpark of the Palm Beaches
- To be pre-screened for an appointment at the drive-thru testing site at the FITTEAM Ballpark of the Palm Beaches in West Palm Beach, patients are asked to call (561)-642-1000 between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm. Appointments are scheduled based on the availability of test kits.
- Health care District of Palm Beach- (561)-642-1000
A) Yes, no routine visits are being authorized at the moment. Unless you are having an emergency, we recommend you stay home. Otherwise, call your primary care physician, and they will conduct a telemedicine appointment to address your problems.
A) Currently, masks and hand sanitizers are in high demand and aren’t being able to be produced quickly enough.
○ We encourage you to make your own cloth masks and save medical face masks for our healthcare workers.
■ Here is a simple Face Mask Tutorial.
■ This article includes a few different versions of Face Mask Tutorials from Youtube.
■ YOU MUST INSERT A FILTER OF SOME KIND. This filter can be a coffee filter, paper towel, etc. Place this in a built-in filter pocket or between your mask and face. Please save official medical mask filters for healthcare workers.
■ WASH AFTER EVERY USE. Do not wait to wash your face mask. Once you are home from any essential activity, wash your mask with vinegar/bleach and detergent.
○ Hand sanitizer is not available in most stores at this time. However, you can make approved hand sanitizer using available resources.
■ 2/3 cup 99 percent rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) or ethanol(or vodka)
■ 1/3 cup aloe vera gel
■ 8 to 10 drops essential oil, optional
■ Please be sure that the container you use to hold your sanitizer is also sterile. Do this by first adding the alcohol and swishing it around the vessel.
MMR Healthcare is determined to provide continued and coordinated preventative care for all of our patients. We will be using telemedicine to supply our patients with the attention they deserve and require. If you are experiencing an emergency, we are still open to see you in person. We ask that you avoid visiting the hospital at all costs. All patients MUST CALL AHEAD at (561-364-8056).
A) Yes. Contact our office by email. Tell us your name, phone number, and how many cloth face masks you would like. Cloth face masks are $8.00 per mask by the third party. MMR Healthcare is NOT making a profit from these sales. We will work with our patients on getting them cloth face masks for as long as the recourse is available.
○ [email protected]
A) Patients and community members can go for walks around the neighborhood as long as you are not going in groups. Limit walks to two people standing at least six feet apart. We encourage you to wear a mask, a scarf, a handkerchief, or anything else that will cover your nose and mouth while outside your homes.
A) Wearing gloves will only protect you if you are conscious about what you touch while wearing them. Gloves will carry the virus from one surface to the next. If you cannot find gloves, use kitchen gloves. If you can not find any gloves, do not worry. The protocol remains the same.
○ DO NOT touch your face or hair while wearing used gloves.
○ DO NOT touch your phone, keys, or any other personal items while wearing used gloves.
○ DO NOT touch your steering wheel or gear shift while wearing used gloves.
○ DISPOSE OF GLOVES IN A TRASH BIN.
○ Sanitize hands immediately after wearing gloves with hand sanitizer or soap and water.
○ We encourage you to wear gloves while doing things like grocery shopping or going to the pharmacy. However, be smart.
A) Here is a shortlist of things to do. ALWAYS take recommendations from the CDC, WHO, and our federal and local governments.
○ STAY HOME
○ Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, frequently.
○ Refrain from touching your face.
○ Wear a protective face mask while outside your home.
○ Use gloves when necessary.
○ Gargle with warm water and salt, warm apple cider vinegar, or antibacterial mouthwash.
○ Drink hot liquids frequently.
○ Stay active by doing things like neighborhood walks while maintaining social distancing, doing chair yoga, etc.
○ Practice good mental health exercises.
○ Stay in contact with family and friends.
○ Contact your primary care physicians by phone or email for all medical needs.
A) Telemedicine is a way of providing healthcare to patients through technology. This means that all non-emergency appointments will be done over the phone. You will still have access to all our clinicians and staff.
B) For appointments, please call our office at (561) 364-8056 or email us at [email protected]