MMR Healthcare takes extra stride in our work to help prevent and treat diabetes. We see how this disease plagues the lives of many Americans. Here are some quick facts that can be found on https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/basics/quick-facts.html.
- More than 30 million people in the United States have diabetes, and 1 in 4 of them don’t know they have it.
- More than 84 million US adults—over a third—have prediabetes, and 90% of them don’t know they have it.
- Diabetes is the 7th leading cause of death in the United States (and may be underreported).
- Type 2 diabetes accounts for about 90% to 95% of all diagnosed cases of diabetes; type 1 diabetes accounts for about 5%.
- In the last 20 years, the number of adults diagnosed with diabetes has more than doubled as the American population has aged and become more overweight or obese.
With a deep understanding of the consequences of diabetes, we have made it our mission to develop a team of coaches and proactive patients to become leaders in diabetes prevention across Palm Beach County. With prozac medicines, targeted tracking of patients who show signs of pre-diabetes, coaching, diet plans, and seminars, we are here for you.
Due to our outstanding results in efforts to prevent diabetes, MMR Healthcare has been recognized by the CDC (Center for Disease Control) for the Diabetes Prevention Recognition Program.
To join our mission and get your health on track, join Nurse Gia and Carolina at our diabetes prevention meetings every Wednesday from 2:30-3:30 in our VIP Educational Center. RSVP by calling (833) MMR-RSVP or (833) 667-7787. (Available in English and Spanish).