Diabetes care is critical to the providers and staff at MMR Healthcare. We see its harmful impact on patients throughout Palm Beach County.
Our extensive work preventing and treating Type-2 diabetes has been so successful that many patients are now low-risk for prediabetes or not in need of treatment such as insulin. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has recognized MMR Healthcare for excellence in preventing prediabetes since 2018.
At MMR Healthcare, we see the need for full support for patients to achieve actual lifestyle changes. That is why we offer our Diabetes Prevention Program. Headed by Nurse Gia, a registered dietician and nutrition counselor, we use an effective curriculum, emotional support, tracking tools, and personalized diet programs to aid patients at risk for diabetes. Our class is open to anyone who can benefit from healthy weight loss coaching.
Every Wednesday at 2 pm
MMR Healthcare VIP Educational Center
RSVP by calling our front desk at (561) 364-8056 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the impact of diabetes, check out these quick facts:
The Big Picture
- More than 37 million people in the United States have diabetes, and 1 in 5 of them don’t know they have it.
- 96 million US adults—over a third—have prediabetes, and more than 8 in 10 of them don’t know they have it.
- Diabetes is the 7th leading cause of death in the United States (and may be underreported).
- Type 2 diabetes accounts for approximately 90% to 95% of all diagnosed cases of diabetes; type 1 diabetes accounts for approximately 5-10%.
- In the last 20 years, the number of adults diagnosed with diabetes has more than doubled as the American population has aged and become more overweight or obese.
- Medical costs and lost work and wages for people with diagnosed diabetes total $327 billion yearly.
- Medical costs for people with diabetes are twice as high as for people who don’t have diabetes.